VIP’s Therapy Teams are the Heart & Soul of our Organization
Together, you and your pet can bring joy and comfort to those who need it most!
VIP’s therapy dog teams provide Animal assisted intervention to people dealing with emotional and physical life changes. They deliver positive distraction, motivation, empathy, and compassion.
VIP Dog Teams mission is to train therapy dogs to react and respond to people and their environment, under the guidance and direction of their owners our Therapy dogs can be used as part of animal assisted intervention (AAI) Animal assisted interventions are goal-oriented and structured interventions that intentionally incorporate animals in health, education, and human service for the purpose of therapeutic gains and improved health and wellness. Animal-assisted therapy (AAT), animal-assisted education (AAE), and animal-assisted activities (AAA) are all forms of animal-assisted interventions. In all these interventions, the animal may be part of a volunteer therapy animal team working under the direction of a professional or an animal that belongs to the professional.
To become a registered team you and your dog must be committed to completing the Pet Partners process.
Sounds great, right? Well, here’s what you need to know:
STEP 1: Pre-Requisites
You and your dog must meet the following general qualifications:
- Dog must be at least 12 months old.
- You must have owned your Dog for at least six months.
- Dogs are required to have passed the American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen Test (CGC) within the last two years. A certified dog trainer must administer this. CLICK HERE to learn more about the CGC.
- Dog must be in good health and have up to date rabies and vaccinations. Proof of current health certificate from your veterinarian is required at the time of application.
- Dog must be non-reactive towards other dogs and must enjoy interacting with strangers.
STEP 2: VIP Dog Teams is an affiliate with Pet Partners
Take the quiz to determine if you and your dog have the temperament and commitment to become a registered therapy team.
All the information is online, click here for more information about Pet Partners
For more information about the next Therapy Dog Prep Class Click here
Or call us at (805) 419-0677 or email us email@example.com
Once you have passed your Pet Partners evaluation your ready to Volunteer! Contact us. (805)419-0677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on your location and the population you wish to serve, we will match you with a facility requesting our services. Group volunteer opportunities are also provided, which you can register for at your leisure. It is important to us that you are comfortable and happy in your assigned facility.